Trade Training & Employment
The Southern Initiative Infrastructure Consortium (SIIC) was formed to support Māori and Pasifika people aged 17-40 into trade apprenticeships. The aim is to get those people into well-paid, full-time trades jobs.
The SIIC region has plenty of jobs. For example, about $3.3 billion in infrastructure-related investment is planned for the region over the next few years. SIIC employers include Downer Edi, Fulton Hogan, and Northpower.
They are looking for you!
As part of this golden opportunity, you could get:
- Trades training (entering at Level 2, 3 or 4) to full-accreditation and licencing.
- Free driving lessons and licencing – Learners to Full Class 1 – if you are on a benefit.
- Tool grants up to $1000 available during Level 4 training.
- Literacy and numeracy support.
- Money Minded Financial Literacy programme.
- One-to-one care and support. Find out what is right for you.
- Help into a job with SIIC employers.
Why consider a trade?
Here are some really good reasons to train for a trade:
- Fully-qualified tradespeople earn good money.
- You get the chance to be your own boss and run your own business.
- Trades are a great help to your whānau and community.
- Your trade qualifications will be recognised worldwide.
Don’t wait – now’s the time
Call us on 0800 747 687 to enrol or email us here.